Allison Jones - World Champion Paralympian
|A Rock Star Among Athletes [Published on Jun 26, 2012] Allison Jones largely credits chiropractic care for helping her persevere through the struggles and achieve optimal performance.|
Allison Jones was born without a femur on her right leg and wears a prosthetic leg, but still managed to become one of the world’s most recognized athletes and essentially the name and face of the Paralympics . Today, Jones is a five-time Paralympic gold medalist for both cycling and skiing. In addition, she is also an ESPY award nominee. In her journey to success, Jones largely credits chiropractic care for helping her persevere through the struggles and achieve optimal performance.
Below is a list of several of her major achievements:
- 2012: Bronze medal, 500m time trial (C2); Bronze medal, 3km pursuit – UCI Para-Cycling Track World Championships, Carson, California
- 2011: Gold medal, 3km pursuit (C1-3); bronze medal, 500m time trial; bronze medal, road race (C1-3); Para-Pan American Games, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2011: First place, time trial and road race (C2); U.S. Paralympics Road Cycling National Championships, Augusta, Georgia
- 2011: Gold medal, individual pursuit (C2); Bronze medal, individual time trial (C2) – UCI Para-Cycling Track World Championships, Montichiari, Italy
- 2010: U.S. Paralympic Team member – Paralympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada
- 2010: Gold medals, individual time trial and individual road race – UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships, Quebec, Canada.
|Learn about the other Champions of Chiropractic on our Patient Resources page|